Hello again,
I just cannot believe that we are half way through the course; time does fly. So far, I have done several readings and tasks that would definitely improve my teaching skills.
What I liked most this week was creating a rubric. I created a rubric to assess my students' analysis of information while reading. I find it very essential to be assessing- I'd rather use following up with- my students' performance. Such rubric can be even modified and distributed among students whereof they get to evaluate their own work feeling free from the exam or evaluation anxiety when taken. It is the kind of rubric I plan to use in my classes.
Project-based learning and especially webquests will be extremely engaging to students when they get to know that "they are learning for a purpose". Such technique will promote the students' autonomy though every aspect of the webquest is prepared by the teacher. When implementing it properly in the classroom, the class will transfer from a teacher-centered class into a student-centered one. I do not expect it to be successful from the very first trial, but practice makes it perfect.
Nicenet discussions are very informative; they are getting more interesting and productive every week. There are some postings that I look forward to read since they are really excellent. We must admit that individual differences appear even among teachers. Aren't we all students at this point ?
That's all for now.
Dareen
Hello Dareen,
ReplyDeleteI share your view in many points especially your feeling about the flying time and the rubric. Indeed, we getting nearer to the end. For the rubric I think it is an effective method that we can employ to assess learners' performance. I assume that I used to resort to it when testing writing but it has become clearer to me. That's why I do love the question you've asked at the end of your post and my answer is: yes, we are.
Best regards
Elias