Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 6: Reflection

Hello again,

Thanks to Donna, I have something in mind to write about in my weekly blog. Do you remember when I mentioned that we needed to be more creative in our blogs last week?

This week's discussions were mainly on how to make our classrooms student-centerd ones through creating interactive PowerPoint presentations. As I posted in one of the Nicenet discussions, creating  one was not easy at all. It required some intermediate/higher intermediate computer skills. At the end, I managed to create one on modal auxiliary verbs. It can be beneficial for nineth graders and intensive English learners whom I teach. By the way, I got to view some of my colleagues' presentations; they were really good.

As for the project task, though I did not have to post anything to Nicenet discussions, I had to start implementing my webquest with my students. My students have a problem in writing a well-organised/structured cause-effect paragrapgh. The webquest aims at improving this writing skill. It is an established fact that writing is the most complex skill that the learner especially the second language learner tries to master. It requires a great deal of practice and effort. Yet, it is not an impossible skill to master; "When there is a will, there is a way."

That's all.

Best,

Dareen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dareen,

    I do agree with you that being creative is a real way to success. In teaching, creativity is the most important thing to keep the students alert and make them attached to the classes. It is actually the same thing we experienced here in this week, as interactive PPTs are one mean..

    I wish u all the best with your project.

    Khadija

    ReplyDelete