Sunday, April 28, 2013

Week 4: Reflection

Hello once again,



Why does the weekly blog have to be on what we learn and do during the week? Shouldn't it be a bit more creative? I am fully aware that it is called a reflective blog, which means that I have to assess my learning activities and tasks.  I like how Dr. Shaw varies her topics every week.

On reviewing the tasks of the fourth week, I find the reading materials quite useful since they provide the teachers with a general view of how things should be done in  technology-enhanced writing and reading classes. As for the lesson planning, it is new in style for me but similar to my way of planning in content; what differs is the labeling of the elements of the lesson plan. What else? The websites are amazing especially Breaking News English because it is full of diverse activities. I have chosen a text about the Spanish economy that I plan to  use with my tenth graders since they have a  unit in their textbook dealing with economy. It is a good thing to see how other countries' economies affect the environmental development and the population growth in those countries. In this way, the students will become aware that they are part of this globe with which they share common worries, concerns, interests,etc.

With respect to the project, narrowing down the problem and putting it in one statement is not an easy thing to do. Yet, it has to be done.

That's all for now.

Regards,

Dareen

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dareen. I am in the favour of your statement of the weekly blog as a reflection, it should be creative and change. It shows our inner reflection what we observes and what we learned and understand in a way that other might have gained in different respect. Undoubtedly the websites were amazing and full of useful information. I wish you best of luck in your project that you get some extra useful knowledge and transfer it to your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dareen,

    As it happened to you, the format of the lesson plan that I use is different to the one proposed but they still share some features. Nevertheless, it is interesting to try out a new format and be able to compare both.

    William

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dareen,

    Your reflection about your project and what you are planning to do on it is very comprehensive. I think you are doing a good job in the decisions you make about it.

    Good luck! :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete