Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week 7: Reflection

Marhaba ( Hello in Arabic) ,

This week's assignments were not very demanding. I guess this is because we all had to work on our technology tool implemented in our classes. Frankly speaking, students were somehow reluctant to take part in the activity; however, after explaining what they were supposed to  do , they started to do the activity.

Learner's autonomy as one of the readings' topic was of great interest to me especially that webquest which is my technology tool  enhances the learner's self-dependence. The students' learning outcomes mainly depends on their own efforts. When they are given the responsibility for their learning and achievements , they in a way become more involved in the learning process. Such act relies on the students' intrinsic motivations. In case the students are not intrinsically inclined, the teacher should find the activities to which students can relate and identify with. By the way ,the whole course promotes us as autonomous learners.

Finding a project partner was confusing to me due to the fact I found that the participants partnered with more than one participant. As Donna said in her blog," No pain, no gain." We need to really work hard to reach our goal so that we can enjoy our accomplishment.

That's all.

Best,

Dareen

3 comments:

  1. Hello Dareen,

    I have a similar opinion about the effectiveness of WebQuests for developing students' autonomy. Like you, I have decided to create a WebQuest for the final project and, therefore, I found this week topic really relevant.

    I also agree that an autonomous learner is mostly motivated intrinsically. Therefore, to foster autonomy, teachers have to work really hard to find ways to awaken students' interest and stimulate their desire to learn.

    Best,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dareen and Anna,
    You're right, we ought to do our utmost to enhance learner autonomy. This is the only way to make them more active and involved since they take in charge their own learning.

    Elias

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dareen,

    I will be working with you as your partner. From your description, are you expecting your students to create their own Webquest in developing their writing skills?. Indeed, the task is quite challenging as they need to learn up the new technology skills and yet developing their writing skills.
    Once they start experimenting with Webquest, it is not so difficult after all.Most importantly, the objective and the task given to the students must be clear and easy to follow, and expected outcome need to spell our clearly. I wish you success in all that you are doing.
    Wong Lai Leng.

    ReplyDelete